Tuesday, January 23, 2024

WWE Raw is moving to Netflix in January 2025

WWE Raw is moving to Netflix in January 2025

WWE will be receiving $5,000,000,000 for 10 years of Monday Night Raw.

The money they are receiving for this is absolute insanity and a promoter's dream. This is money that has never been seen before in wrestling and may never be seen again. There is basically nothing that WWE can't do right now. They could even run empty arena's for the next 30 years and still not go bankrupt...and that's just for this deal on Netflix. I know what I'd do though. I'd build about a dozen or so new high school gym style arena's around North American and the World. I'd train my talent and run shows there like CMLL does and I'd basically make them the local epicenter for wrestling in that area. I'd sign about 100 new rookies and send them to these places. Since I'd own the arena, I could run as much as I wanted at little cost, giving the new rookies more shows to work to get better. In the long run, this would hopefully produce a bunch of new stars, make touring a lot cheaper and would grow the sport in various places. I'd also hopefully be able to create additional wrestling programs on television/streaming, which would further provide more content and provide more income.

As for Netflix itself, I'm not sold on it yet. I think we're still a generation or so away from everyone switching fully over to VOD/Streaming from Cable. Even if you don't watch wrestling, you will know Raw is on if you are looking at the channels while watching TV. And if you want to flip over for a second just to see it, it'll be there. Netflix isn't like that. You have to have Netflix, which costs money and you have to be willing to log onto it separately. And if you want to watch it on TV, you have to have a smart TV that supports this. I don't know if everyone has all that yet. Netflix also requires a good internet connection and in rural area's, that is not possible. It's a lot like boxing on Showtime or UFC on ESPN+. I don't have those services. I don't want those services. So I either pirate it or I don't watch it when if it were on normal tv stations, I might actually see it from time to time. Unless I make an effort, I don't get to see either one. That's not something I'd want for wrestling.

Wrestling is not going away anytime soon and that's fantastic news for us wrestling fans.

No comments :

Post a Comment