Thursday, January 10, 2013

WWE Main Event 1/9/2013 Review

WWE Main Event 1/9/2013 Review

Last week's show is here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/wwe-main-event-122013-review.html

They did packages on Dolph and Sheamus to start the show. Then Matt Striker interviewed Sheamus.
"He's got all the tools, but he's afraid to pull the trigger. He can bring anyone he wants tonight...because as far as I'm concerned, I got a Brogue Kick for each and every one of them." - Sheamus on Dolph
Josh Matthews interviewed the crew above and asked if Dolph felt he was losing momentum due to the Cena loss.
"Is that a real question? You really want him to answer that? You wanna get all 20/20 with me, huh?" - Big E
Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler
These two fought on Raw two weeks ago, but the Shield ran in.



Sheamus won by countout after he hit Dolph with a countout. Good match here with Dolph bumping like a madman and Sheamus being decent. I liked the super DDT and loved the missile dropkick. I also liked Dolp's SAITO Special handstand headlock. The finish didn't even really bother me. Rating:***1/4

They teased Big E Langston going at it with Sheamus, but that didn't happen.

Wade Barrett vs Zack Ryder
Maybe the coolest pic I ever took
The finish
Wade Barrett got the win with a Bull Hammer in a decent match. It was just an extended squash but I enjoyed it.  Not much else to say here as you've seen this a million times.

They announced Antonio Cesaro vs Randy Orton for next week:

Overall thoughts: Good show tonight with both matches being decent. Not a bad way to spend an hour.

2 comments :

  1. I've just discovered your blog. Amazing job. I love the funny quotes from the commentators you add. Good work on that sick missile dropkick gif.
    Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete