Monday, April 4, 2022

WWE Wrestlemania 38 Night 2 4/3/2022

WWE Wrestlemania 38 Night 2 4/3/2022

Triple H's segment to start the show went too long. It took like 15 minutes for him to say a couple of words and get down to the ring and back.

The tag team triple threat was good as expected. As always, these things kind of have to be spotty and can't be super storyline driven. They did some cool stuff here with Montez Ford diving over the post to the outside and hitting a giant doomsday device blockbuster. They had Gable Steveson out there after and Chad Gable tried to shut him up then got beat up for it.

I thought Lashley vs Omos was alright. A lot of people hated it. Omos still needs a lot of work and isn't particularly fast or skilled, but he did an okay job as a big man in this battle of the hosses. Beating him was the wrong move though as giants should only lose sparingly, and this wasn't it. Lashley oddly hit the back of his head off the ringpost here when Omos threw him too high into the buckles.

I loved the Johnny Knoxville vs Sami Zayn match. It was fun and goofy as expected. Knoxville wrestled like he should have and we got some some of his other crew members in there including Wee Man who hit a great slam on Sami, The giant hand slapping Sami was funny and the low blow machine was also very funny. The mouse trap at the end didn't go off as planned, but Johnny got it working another way. I laughed multiple times here and enjoyed myself.

I didn't watch the women's matches.

Edge vs AJ Styles was a little better the second time I tried to watch it, but I wasn't into long Edge classics in the early 2010's and I'm not into them now. Edge was never my favorite guy in-ring and that hasn't changed. This probably would have been really good in the 2000's though.

Sheamus and Ridge Holland vs The New Day was short and a waste of time. I don't like The New Day, so I'm cool with the match being short.

Pat McAfee looked really good in his match with Austin Theory. I know a lot of people don't care for Theory, but he did well in NXT and since he can do comedy, he's a good fit for the main roster. I did not like Pat vs Vince though. Vince is too old and couldn't really do anything well and he buried Pat. Vince botched Austin's entrance after then took a terrible stunner, though the stunners Theory and Pat took were great. I'm a really big Pat McAfee fan. He just comes off as a cool bro and he may be the best face the company has. I'd try to make him into a wrestler if it were me since he's just that over.

I didn't care that much for Roman vs Brock. It's one thing when they do these finisher heavy short matches with old legends, but both of these guys can still go. We've seen these types of matches too much lately and even 12 minutes felt too long here. Roman wins again and I really don't know who is left to beat him at this point.

Overall thoughts: Night 1 was a lot better than Night 2, but Night 2 had some good parts to it. Night 2 had some really bad moments to it though. I thought Wrestlemania was a lot better than I expected it to be overall. The company has massive problems though as the celebs outshined a lot of the main roster and the roster has very few up and comers outside of NXT guys. I still wish the show was one night only, but they sold over 100,000 tickets and they aren't going to until that gets closer to 60,000 tickets.

No comments :

Post a Comment