Wednesday, October 20, 2021

NXT 2.0 10/19/2021

NXT 2.0 10/19/2021
 
I saw a lot of last week's show but not really enough to review it. 

I liked the opening segment with Hayes, Williams, Gargano and Lumis. Williams is good on the mic and Hayes was decent here too. I really like the teaming of Gargano and Lumis. It's a total oddball couple that should lead to some fun segments.

Andre Chase vs Odyssey Jones

Totally fine short match here. Chase wrestled well for what his character is supposed to be and Jones was fine but he could have been better.

The Creed Brothers vs Imperium

Dirty finish aside, I really liked this. The Creed Brothers looked great throwing around their opponents and I probably enjoyed this more than any other Imperium match. Many nice suplexes here. Man do I want a Steiner Brothers vs Creed Brothers match so bad. I didn't like the Creed's losing here but at least there was a reason to it. 
 
I'm not a fan of Legado del Fantasma promos. I'm definitely not the target audience for it and naturally it doesn't do much for me.

Cora Jade vs Elektra Lopez

This was a quick upset and there's not too much more to say about it.

Io Shirai vs Jacy Jayne vs Persia Pirotta - Winner spins the Halloween Havoc Wheel


You know the deal with three ways. They do a couple of three person spots then it eventually becomes a 1v1. This is what happened here. Jayne had a bad suicide dive botch but Perisa hit a nice stiff boot and a nice stiff powerbomb on Io.

I liked the Solo Sikoa outdoor training video. Using the street light as a punching bad was cool.

The Jiro/Kushida segment wasn't bad.

Tony D'Angelo vs Ru Feng

Ru's got a cool look and it's kind of a shame he's going to do a cold debut job here. You know how I feel about those - pretty much should only be done if you have no plan whatsoever for someone. This was a lot shorter than Tony's debut squash and probably for the better. Ru looked fine here.

I really like Tony's quick interview after. Good stuff.

We then went to Duke's Poker Room with Duke Hudson. I like skits and always approve of those. He's coming into his character a little bit more here, but it's not a smash hit yet.

Jensen got taken out by Legado del Fantasma before his match and I liked Escobar playing the air guitar.

Legado del Fantasma vs Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen

The finishing stretch was pretty good with Jensen probably having his best outing yet.

Winner gets to be the host of Halloween Havoc - LA Knight vs Grayson Waller


Hey LA, doesn't do the job. This was a short one and wasn't exactly the match Waller needed. Good to see LA get the win though. He should be on Halloween Havoc though and not hosting it.

Bron Breakker and Tomasso Ciampa vs The Grizzled Young Veterans

I'm not a fan of the feuding partners take down regular tag teams story and that's what was done here. People who don't like each other and never teamed together shouldn't be able to take down partners who do. I don't love the GYV's, but no team really deserves that. They did a nice follow through with the story of Bron promising to watch Ciampa's back and failing when Ciampa went for a tag and Bron wasn't there. Ciampa then mentioned it and slapped him before they got the win.

Overall thoughts: Some good and some bad here. I liked the skits/video segments especially Tony D's, I liked the Creed Brothers match and I thought the Jones/Chase match was fine. The show is doing what it is supposed to be doing, but I didn't like the feuding partners taking down the tag team story in the main and the women's three way wasn't too good.

No comments :

Post a Comment