Saturday, October 16, 2021

AEW Dynamite 10/16/2021

AEW Dynamite 10/16/2021

Last week's show is here: https://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2021/10/aew-dynamite-2nd-anniversary-1062021.html

Dante Martin vs Malakai Black

This was fine.

Inner Circle promo

A lot of Lambert's Crew vs Inner Circle feud has been happening on Rampage. I haven't been watching Rampage and a lot of others haven't either and that hurt some of the effectiveness of this.

Lucha Bros vs Los Super Rana's

When I suggested that that the mystery men might be The Conquistadors, I was joking. AEW wasn't though. I think a lot of people were expecting actual luchadores here and they were probably disappointed by it. FTR ended up being the people under the masks. Why exactly? I don't know. They ended up winning here too. This was bad and didn't make much sense.

Lio Rush said he would be Dante Martin's new partner. Darius Martin should really be concerned about his future in AEW.

The Elite vs The Dark Order

Your partner is stuck in a boston crab and you kiss the guy putting it on him to mock him when your partner could theoretically submit and lose the match while you do this. That was stupid as was the Brandon Cutler bit after. There were two dudes in purple shirts in the front row who could have easily beat up everyone in this match.
Nightmare Family segment

Cody getting slapped always gets a pop from me. I liked this segment though there was a lack of Arn lighting things on fire this week.

MJF segment

Didn't think much of it, but I think a Sting vs MJF feud would be pretty good.
 
Kiera Hogan vs Penelope Ford

I felt like the commercial took up a lot of this one. Kiera's shotgun dropkick was nice.

Adam Page promo

I didn't have much of a problem with this except for the cowboy shit stuff. It's not a good phrase to try and build a promo around.

Bobby Fish vs Bryan Danielson

This was fine but I imagine it lost a bunch of viewers.
 
Overall thoughts: Not a huge line-up here as this was on a Saturday and no one was going to watch it. The FTR thing was really bad here and hurt the show.

No comments :

Post a Comment