Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Power Slap: Road to the Title Episode 1

 Power Slap: Road to the Title Episode 1

I decided to check this out. For those who don't know this is slap fighting promoted by UFC. The fighters have to stand and keep their feet on the ground then take turns slapping the other. They can't step out of a box or miss or else they are penalized.

The concept sounded silly and stupid and on paper. After checking it out though, I can see why Dana White was interested. The fights are quick and they really hit hard. Multiple people were knocked out and I think knockout lovers are going to enjoy it. I don't know if the drama part is going to work out and I have doubts that anyone will buy a PPV of this, but as a TV product, I think it can work. Like all fighting sports, they have to find personalities and get them over. That's the key to selling this - not the knockouts and big slaps. If you have fighters that people care about, they will watch.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next show and I thought they did a great job here.

No comments :

Post a Comment