Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dynamite Kid TV Debut - Dynamite Kid vs Alan Dennison 6/30/1976

Dynamite Kid TV Debut - Dynamite Kid vs Alan Dennison 6/30/1976

The finish
Alan Dennison beat The Dynamite Kid by ref stoppage in the 3rd round when The Dynamite Kid hurt his neck and the ref called it.

After the match, Alan Dennison got on the mic:
"This kid is only 17 years old."
"By God, I've never seen anyone do the double arms behind the back and headspring out of it. Personally, by the ref's permission, I'd like to make this a no-contest because I do not want this." - Alan Dennison

The ref then changed the result to a no-contest. You could tell from his first TV match that The Dynamite Kid was going to be something special. I've never seen anything like this match and it's doubtful I ever will. I loved DK's headsprings and he already had a good knowledge of technical wrestling, probably better than any rookie today. This match is indeed a real gem and just something that you really can't see anywhere else. This is must see. Rating:***1/4

1 comment :

  1. "This match is indeed a real gem and just something that you really can't see anywhere else."

    nothing more to add from me.

    ReplyDelete