Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fixing my rating scale

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued support of this blog. I always appreciate you taking the time to check out the blog, even if you didn't like it(feel free to let me know where I can improve if you like). With that being said, KCC pointed out that my ratings were a little off and I want to fix them. So, this is how I will be doing the ratings from now on:

0 stars - Total dud. Little or no heat, botched moves, nonsensical, etc. Not much explanation needed there.

1 star - Some heat, some botches, some things looked alright, etc.

2 stars - Very close to average with some good things but still things that could be fixed, needed more heat, etc.

2 1/2 stars - This is my default for an absolutely average match, since it's right in between 0 stars and 5 stars. The match should have a decent amount of heat, decent work and decent everything.

3 stars - This is where we seperate the men from the boys. If I rank something 3 stars, you should probably go see it. Above average work, above average heat and so forth.

4 stars - 4 stars is epic territory for me. If it's not something I'm going to be remembering for a while, it's not going to get 4 stars. There needed to be exceptional heat, exceptional work and it should be something that with a little fixing could be 5 stars.

5 stars - This is pretty much perfect. Flawless work, great heat, no botches, very exciting.

So what does this mean for previous reviews?
- Well, I unfortunately do not have the time or the effort to go back and fix them so they will stay as they are.
- If I rated something *1/2 it was good but a little short and therefore got that rating(i.e. a ton of WWE undercard matches). I didn't consider *1/2 to be bad but on a scale of 5, it would be failing.

So what does this mean for future reviews?
- Things are going to be rated higher. I've been rating alot of short but enjoyable matches at *1/2 and it wasn't right, so expect things like that to be rated a little bit higher. They are going to be affected the most as they will be doubled and may hit 3 stars.
- 4 stars and up is still going to be a territory that won't be seen that often.
- Hopefully less confusion

What if I rank something different for you?
- You are not wrong. I cannot tell you what your opinion was, just mine. If you think I overrated or underrated something, feel free to let me know. I try to respond to every comment. I'm happy to debate it just please don't use personal attacks.

1 comment :

  1. fair enough.

    can I ask for your rating of some matches that I can't go and see your review for ?

    how much did you rank :

    1. punk vs cena (MITB 2011)

    2. punk vs taker (WM 29)

    3. roode vs storm (lockdown 2012)

    4. aries vs roode (destination X 2012)

    5. aries vs roode (hardcore justice 2012)

    6. roode vs storm (BFG 2012)

    7. bryan vs rollins (from RAW earlier this year .. not the one that we got last week)

    ReplyDelete