Thank you for your continued support of this blog. I always appreciate you taking the time to check out the blog, even if you didn't like it(feel free to let me know where I can improve if you like). With that being said, KCC pointed out that my ratings were a little off and I want to fix them. So, this is how I will be doing the ratings from now on:
0 stars - Total dud. Little or no heat, botched moves, nonsensical, etc. Not much explanation needed there.
1 star - Some heat, some botches, some things looked alright, etc.
2 stars - Very close to average with some good things but still things that could be fixed, needed more heat, etc.
2 1/2 stars - This is my default for an absolutely average match, since it's right in between 0 stars and 5 stars. The match should have a decent amount of heat, decent work and decent everything.
3 stars - This is where we seperate the men from the boys. If I rank something 3 stars, you should probably go see it. Above average work, above average heat and so forth.
4 stars - 4 stars is epic territory for me. If it's not something I'm going to be remembering for a while, it's not going to get 4 stars. There needed to be exceptional heat, exceptional work and it should be something that with a little fixing could be 5 stars.
5 stars - This is pretty much perfect. Flawless work, great heat, no botches, very exciting.
So what does this mean for previous reviews?
- Well, I unfortunately do not have the time or the effort to go back and fix them so they will stay as they are.
- If I rated something *1/2 it was good but a little short and therefore got that rating(i.e. a ton of WWE undercard matches). I didn't consider *1/2 to be bad but on a scale of 5, it would be failing.
So what does this mean for future reviews?
- Things are going to be rated higher. I've been rating alot of short but enjoyable matches at *1/2 and it wasn't right, so expect things like that to be rated a little bit higher. They are going to be affected the most as they will be doubled and may hit 3 stars.
- 4 stars and up is still going to be a territory that won't be seen that often.
- Hopefully less confusion
What if I rank something different for you?
- You are not wrong. I cannot tell you what your opinion was, just mine. If you think I overrated or underrated something, feel free to let me know. I try to respond to every comment. I'm happy to debate it just please don't use personal attacks.