Tuesday, September 14, 2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/14/2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/14/2021

This was one of the most bizarre episodes of wrestling I've ever seen.

A lot of people crapped on NXT and I don't know why. People online want smaller wrestlers and they want indy style matches. NXT gave that yet that audience completely rejected it for AEW. I don't really blame Vince for deciding to go in a new direction since the target audience actively turned down NXT for the shiny new toy in AEW. Even though NXT was dull at times and did need a change, I did like it and it's weird to see that version of NXT completely disappear. If NXT was off-air for a while and came back like this, it'd be different story. But it's shocking and  weird when everything changes so fast.

I didn't think much of the new color scheme when I saw it. I figured it was just a logo, but the lighting and set up are just as bad and really do come across as some 1990's game show. Completely out of touch and out of style.

The names on this show were stupid. They are all FCW style names that sound like they were created from a robot. I can't believe nobody backstage tried to stop those names before they were used.

Of the new debuts, Bron Breakker looked really good though why he is not using the Steiner name when he is a Steiner is something only WWE would do. He hasn't been in development for long but he looks like he is ready. Brooks Jensen wasn't too good but it's early and we will see what happens. Von Wagner is still really green and I really hope he can talk because I don't think this is going to work out otherwise. Someone in the chat said he looked like a mini-Khali and they weren't wrong.

The Creed Brothers are now on their 2nd or 3rd match and look like great prospects and potentially a new Steiner Brothers. I'm really excited to see what happens with them.

They showed a vignette for Tony D'Angelo and he's doing a mafia gimmick. It was as un-subtle as it gets and was cringeworthy.

LA Knight lost twice on this show. This dude is the total package yet they love to job him out for no apparent reason. I have no idea what they are doing at all with this guy and hopefully he is just in some kind of weird holding pattern before he gets put on the main roster.

The wedding was stupid with a bunch of shenanigans. At least it happened though. Too many wrestling weddings don't actually end up completing and it's good to see the fans actually getting what was promised. Don't even get me started on the zombie ref.

Overall thoughts: It was great to see some new faces but this show feels really out of touch. It's bad enough that I honestly will be surprised if this show isn't cancelled by the end of the year.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment