Wednesday, September 29, 2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/28/2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/28/2021

Last week's show is here: https://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2021/09/wwe-nxt-20-9212021.html

B-Fab vs Elektra Lopez was really bad. It's developmental, so it's fine if its bad, but B-Fab has a long way to go. She's comfortable as a personality though and that's more important. Lopez is a weird hire to me as she does not look like the usual WWE hire. My guess is its because of her ethnicity.

Xyon Quinn beat Oney Lorcan. Quinn's name is awful, maybe the worst yet, but he has a good look and he gets how to do his moves and sell them. We'll have to see what he can offer on the mic, but this was a good debut for him. You have to feel bad for Oney though. He wasn't the most featured guy, but he has to be concerned that he will be part of the next batch of releases.

Grayson Waller's package was at least some attempt to give him some backstory. I've liked Waller since he debuted since he can talk and has some personality.

I liked the segment with the four tag teams. Carmelo Hayes came across well and Briggs and Jensen did too. The tag titles have been MIA since the re-branding of NXT, and they returned here.

Io Shirai and Zoey Stark beat Gigi Dolan and Jacy Jayne. Toxic Attraction continues to look like a main roster level act and Stark had a good showing here as well. I actually enjoyed this a little. I feel bad for Io though as her stock isn't improving.

Bron Breakker and Ciampa did a quick segment which was good and continues to build to a match sometime down the line.

I really liked Boa vs Andre Chase. Chase didn't show anything at all before his gimmick but he is doing well with this gimmick. I really buy it. I loved him messing around with Mei Ying. I'd love to see them continue with this and it'd be cool if the mist that Chase took made him start acting all strange and dressing weird. That'd be something unique.

Strong vs Walker was fine and the Diamond Mine are really coming together. I'm sad the Creed Brothers didn't wrestle tonight.

I really liked the Lashing Out segment. Lash Legend is super comfortable on the mic already and has some personality, and this was her first real chance to do something. She hit this out of the park. I would love for this segment to be some kind of weekly recap or insider on what's going on in NXT. It could be a cool way to build up some feuds and show off some of the personalities. This girl is not going to be in NXT long.

I didn't see all of O'Reilly vs Ridge Holland but I thought Ridge had another decent showing. Von Wagner coming out to help O'Reilly was a way to get him involved in the show again. It was weird how he was essentially in the main event on the first night and hasn't wrestled since.

I still think Tony D'Angelo should cool it off with the obvious mob tropes, but the character is growing on me and if they work with it, he will go places.

I had little interest in the main and skipped most of it. I'm not into either girl. Raquel's top ripped during this and she had to hold it together.

Overall thoughts: Another good episode of NXT. I really like the direction this show is going and this show is exactly what a developmental show should be. I'm happy to be along for the ride and I'm really excited to see what things are going to be like 3-6 months down the line.


No comments :

Post a Comment