Wednesday, September 22, 2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/21/2021

WWE NXT 2.0 9/21/2021

Last week's show is here: https://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2021/09/wwe-nxt-20-9142021.html

I will just give some quick thoughts here.

I thought this was a pretty good show. They featured a lot of the newer development guys on it and had a bunch of packages that further helped explain who these people are. I wish more promotions would do video packages and just in general show what various wrestlers do at various places and situations to help get their characters over.

I thought the opening promo with Ciampa introducing the younger guys took a little long. Kushida/Strong was a short match with a lot of interference, but I think it did what it was supposed to do here. I'm not sure what purpose the Cruiserweight title serves at the moment though and I'm curious as to who is left to fight for it. 

It was good to see Kay Lee Ray on TV and they even gave her opponent, Amar Miller, a little promo time which is good for her. 

I didn't see much of Dante Chen's match but it was that they gave him something to do before it started by beating the other guy up outside. Whether it was good, bad or neither, it at least gives him some character which will help people to figure out who he is supposed to be.

Andre Chase got a new gimmick here and did well in his skit. He's been around for a while but had no real character and this is at least something for him to do.

Joe Gacy got a new gimmick here. I don't know where they were going with it and we will have to give it time to see where it plays out. It's still better than what he was doing before which was having matches on 205 Live that nobody saw.

I missed the women's match, but Odyssey Jones got to show off a bit and seems like he is headed in the right direction. His gear is absolutely awful though.

I liked the Toxic Attraction promo and Mandy Rose looks like a completely different person with dyed hair. I also loved Jiro's segment as it really got over his unique persona.

I thought the main was decent with Bron Breakker and Ridge Holland having a nice showing. The crowd really got into it and that was the best I had seen Ridge look so far. Bron's already pretty over and seems like he is on the fast track to success. I'm already a fan, but it is a shame he can't be Rex Steiner.

Overall thoughts: A good show that was much better than anything AEW Dark ever did. Not everything was a hit - Von Wagner's promo and Tony D'Angelo's segment, but they are just beginning with these gimmicks and we will have to see where things are in a few months. There was a ton of stuff going on here at a very fast pace and I like the direction of the new NXT. Even the wacky colors didn't seem as bad as before.


No comments :

Post a Comment