Wednesday, September 12, 2018

WCW Worldwide 2/14/1998 - La Parka vs Ultimo Dragon

WCW Worldwide 2/14/1998 - La Parka vs Ultimo Dragon

"Disco Inferno has a little rhythm, but La Parka has none at all." - Schiavone with the propaganda | "The Disco Inferno can dance, but La Parka's got that Spanish style, ya know? He can tie his shirt in a knot and hang around with Little Ricky, you know what I mean? Babalu!" - Heenan





"I wonder if that's a base or a rhythm chair?" - Heenan | "I'm sure it's a lead chair." - Schiavone


















"You know what he had for breakfast? A bowl of Kix!" - Heenan | "Thank you...." - Schiavone

"Out of all the luchadores, wouldn't you say that La Parka is the biggest?" - Heenan | "I said that earlier too." - Schiavone | "I am psychic." - Heenan
"(Michael) Buffer forgets sometimes." - Heenan |"Buffer does?" - Schiavone | "Who?" - Heenan | "Hahaha, I'm sorry fans, I apologize for Heenan." - Schiavone | "Thank you Tony, I hate to do it myself." - Heenan

The finish




Ultimo Dragon beat La Parka with a Dragon Sleeper. Really fun match. The crowd was into Dragon, Parka played up the comedic heel perfectly and Heenan made me laugh multiple times on commentary. La Parka just had charisma off the charts here and Dragon was really good. This is about as good as it gets for a WCW B-Show match and was as much fun as I've had watching wrestling in a while. Why was La Parka not the WCW champ?

No comments :

Post a Comment