Sunday, May 24, 2020

Thoughts on Hana Kimura's death

Thoughts on Hana Kimura's death


NOTE - I may offend you. I'm not being edgy, I'm really just a person who typically has unusual, strange and unpopular opinions.

Hana Kimura's death is really an odd situation for a number of reasons.

I'm completely baffled how a pro wrestler of all types of people, would kill themselves over what fans think. This is a job where you encourage people to get mad at you and to harass you, and apparently, it drove her over the edge. I'd think if anything wrestlers would enjoy this situation and would try to gain more heat off of it.

I'm also really baffled that a girl with the golden ticket would do this. I always figured like a lot of other people that Hana would end up rich, famous or both. Not only was she super attractive, which was enough on its own, but she had charisma and a presence.  I said many times that she could be awful in ring and still probably do well due to her looks. While other people like Jungle Kyona have to prove they can play, people like Hana have to prove they can't, usually multiple times over. Even if she somehow did fail in that manner, her looks always meant she could marry a guy with money.

I've always felt something was off with Hana, though I've never met her personally and don't know that much about her non-wrestling life. She was absolutely gorgeous, yet dyed her hair goofy colors and always felt like a person who wanted to be something else, hence maybe her over the top behavior sometimes.

Whatever caused her death, I think the hatred she got online was more the sprinkles of the sundae issue, not the ice cream. I don't think it was the root cause, but the final shots. Only Hana and maybe some of her friends know what was really going on.

I do think those same friends or perhaps even Stardom itself dropped the ball here though. There had to have been some signs somewhere.

Hana will be missed. She's easily another of many wrestling "what if's" and is without a doubt another pro wrestling tragedy. Her death is going to be something that is going to be continued to be talked about for 20-30 years and I wouldn't even be shocked if like a Kurt Cobain or a Bruiser Brody, the legend of Hana Kimura grows after her death.

I hope Hana has found her peace and I hope her mother Kyoko will be okay.

We cared, Hana.

No comments :

Post a Comment