Tuesday, September 4, 2018

WWE Monday Night Raw 9/3/2018 Review

I don't watch Raw much at all. Every time I do, I turn it off and then stop watching for a while.

That Raw last night as awful. I would call it one of the worst shows of the year, but I don't watch enough Raw to say that and there were probably eps this year that were far worse.

Bobby Roode and Chad Gable, two people who have never teamed together and were presented as being thrown together legitimately by the last minute, beat an established tag team. Yes, the Ascension doesn't have a great record in kayfabe, but they should be able to beat two random people. This is why the tag team division sucks. Random tag teams should not be able to beat tag teams who have in theory been working together for years and should know each other inside and out. Why should anyone be a tag team if any two stars together can beat established teams? We saw similar things a month ago with Roman/Bobby vs Revival.

I hate the whole "hometown hero turns on hometown" stuff. No one buys it and it looks fake as hell. But no, they couldn't stop there. Bliss went on twitter after and said "jk I love you guys". Not only did she basically break kayfabe once by doing this, she did it again by saying "it was all bullshit anyway". What am I supposed to be believing again?

And then AOP. A tag team who has been pushed for the last few years strong and has been successful on their own, have now decided in kayfabe that Spud is the missing piece to the puzzle, despite the fact that he doesn't seem to be someone they'd hang with at all. And Spud can't just wear the usual stuff, he wears their gear which makes AOP look ridiculous. It's like someone went back through the tapes and saw the LOD with Rocco and said "we should bring this back".

And then lets talk about Braun. He's a one man army and should be able to take The Shield by himself, and likely has in the past. Yet he's teaming with two pretty boys who he'd otherwise be bullying. Braun's also made it pretty clear in the past that he doesn't want or need help.

I don't know how anyone watches this stuff anymore and I have no idea how anyone spends money on this except for the network. I think this is some of the worst stuff I've watched in a while...and this was probably just an average Raw ep.

No comments :

Post a Comment