Wednesday, May 9, 2018

All Japan Pro Wrestling 4/27/1974 - The Destroyer vs Abdullah the Butcher

All Japan Pro Wrestling 4/27/1974 - The Destroyer vs Abdullah the Butcher

I've been wanting to review either an Abby or a Sheik match. I even found a match with them against each other, but this blog's format and camera set-ups of the time really isn't kind to that style. It also doesn't help that every match involving them seems to involve screwy finishes.






This went to a double countout after about 8-9 minutes when both brawled outside of the ring. It's a shame too as this wasn't a bad match. It was what you would expect - some striking before Abby gets a weapon, he stabs Destroyer, Destroyer stabs him back and they brawl. Abby could still move some at this point and looked decent and I really liked The Destroyer heeling it up and brawling with him. I also loved the visual of the blood on the white mask as that is something I haven't seen in a long time. I'm not sure why I expected an ending other than what we got, but the match looked like a neat clash of styles(which it was) and I wanted to see it.

No comments :

Post a Comment