Thursday, May 2, 2013

NJPW Invasion Attack 4/7/2013 - IWGP Championship - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada

NJPW Invasion Attack 4/7/2013 - IWGP Championship - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada











Great selling of the left arm there.



Kazuchika Okada beat Hiroshi Tanahashi with the Rainmaker Lariat to win the IWGP title. I'm going to get heat for this but I don't see this even being near 5 stars. I didn't feel like they did enough to bring me into this from the start and the second half of the middle portion fell pretty flat. Okada's new and complicated moves killed the match because he was Sabu like in trying to get them on. It took a long time for him to get the Red Ink on and for the flipping double reverse armbar. Someone else maybe could have made it work with the screw up but Kaz is supposed to be some pimp daddy who is cool, so it brought him down. I thought Okada got a little too much in here while Tanahashi didn't get enough. I was also disappointed by Tanahashi not really following up on his arm work throughout the match. Okada did do a good job in selling it though. The match wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the hype or their previous matches. Rating:***1/2

1 comment :

  1. main event was ****3/4 for me, I like the dominion match better though *****. I thought they played off their previous matches brilliantly with great selling and flow to the match.

    ReplyDelete