Monday, December 24, 2012

Dragon Gate 10/21/2012 - Shingo Takagi and YAMATO vs Naruki Doi and Johnny Gargano

Dragon Gate 10/21/2012 - Shingo Takagi and YAMATO vs Naruki Doi and Johnny Gargano

Shingo Takagi pinned Naruki Doi in 23:00 with a delayed Last Falconry. This was your basic Dragon Gate style match with big moves, quick action and lots of stiffness. As usual, Shingo was awesome. If there is anyone who I think represents pro wrestling in 2012, its Shingo. The match was mostly the 3 DG regulars doing their thing with Gargano on the side and trying to do a few moves here and there. I'm not a Gargano fan as he really screams ROH 2005 midcard to me and I didn't really think his goofy rolling kick spot added to the match. In fact, I thought he stood out for not really belonging and his Border City Stretches were pretty much out of nowhere. Aside from that, I love Yamato just kicking people in the face here and Shingo had some really great strikes. This is worth a look. Rating:***1/4

Some shots from the match:
Watch Shingo take out the person in green

No comments :

Post a Comment