Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WWF Superstars of Wrestling 2/17/1990

WWF Superstars of Wrestling 2/17/1990
"You know when I come to Miami, what my favorite hobby is? WRESTLING ALLIGATORS." - Jesse
Today's main event is Brutus Beefcake vs Rick Rude

The Bushwhackers vs Spike Jones and Pat Rose
If you like Pat Rose, I reviewed some of his work in Southeastern Championship Wrestling, which can be found here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/southeastern-championship-wrestling.html
"Bushwhackers, you can run but you cannot hide." - The Bolsheviks
The Bushwhackers won with a battering ram and a double stomach breaker.
"In my heart, I don't believe that the darkness and the gods that this person talks about can beat us."
"On the back of my shoulders, there's an empty seat jack. So Ultimate Warrior, at Wrestlemania 6 when you feel, when you realize what the strongest force is, I'm gonna put you in that seat brother and you'll be the number one Hulkamaniac."
"There were warriors Hulk Hogan, similar warriors that made the sacrifice and injected themselves with the poison of mankind..."
"knowing that they would give it all. They believed Hulk Hogan that the catch(?) of one last battle was worth losing it all."
"The deeper I went to the darkness, the closer I came to the light and in the light Hulk Hogan, there was a shadow. A man that had walls, not willing to give it all. Hulk Hogan, I am reality. I am the frustration that your mankind has swept under the carpet for years. But Hulk Hogan, I have creeped out, like a slime. I bid deeper than the devil you speak of Hulk Hogan.."
"and if I ever run into this devil you speak of Hulk Hogan then it will be the time and place for him. At wrestlemania, I bring you the ultimate challenge. I bring you, ultimate reality." - The Ultimate Warrior

Brutus Beefcake vs Ravishing Rick Rude
"I'm gonna keep a close eye on you Beefcake after what you did to the Genius at the Royal Rumble. I promise you this Beefcake, it'll never never happen again." - Mr. Perfect
"Take your time, take your time." - Heenan to Rude
"That's what he gets for cutting the Genius' hair." - Jesse Ventura
Brutus Beefcake won with a DQ when The Genius and Mr. Perfect interferred. You'd think Rude would be upset with Perfect costing him the match but apparently not. Note to readers: Anytime a marquee match-up is in the middle of a show, something wonky will happen.

Tito Santana vs The Brooklyn Brawler
On the SNME Title match upcoming with Macho Man vs Hulk Hogan with Mike Tyson as the ref:
"Are you saying that Mike Tyson and Macho Man are friends?" - Vince
"I'm not sayin' nothin'." - Jesse
"I've been giving Iron Mike Tyson lessons in proper refereemanship." - Jesse Ventura
Tito won here with the flying burrito. Acknowledging the finish was the only thing Jesse and Vince said about the match.

The Brother Love Show with Slick and Akeem the African Dream
"Fat cop, do you have the guts to step in the ring with a man who's bigger and stronger than you?" - Slick issuing the challenge for Akeem vs Big Boss Man
"You never lay your hand on this man. You're gonna pay." - Akeem
"Slickster, I promise you there will be great incentive if brother Akeem takes the Boss Man out." - Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Wrestlemania VI report with Mean Gene
They showed clips of the Brother Love Show at the Royal Rumble where a brawl broke out between Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire vs Sherri and Savage. Then they showed clips from Roddy Piper and Bad News Brown going at it on the mic at last week's Wrestling Challenge:
"I know your type likes to look like me. Why don't you go to the beach and get a tan?" - Bad News Brown
"If you're gonna wear that skirt, I suggest you shave those boney legs of yours because you look terrible." - Bad News Brown
If you ever wanted an explanation for Piper going blackface at Wrestlemania VI, I feel that's a pretty good one.

The Rockers - Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty vs Jobbers
The Rockers won in quick fashion with double fist drops from the top.
"It's a very special occasion when Mr. Fuji puts on the tights for you Rockers and Hacksaw." - Mr. Fuji
"Then you get Akeem for a tag team partner, who the hell did you think I was going to pick? Steve Lombardi or somebody? I went out and got myself a Warrior" - Jake the Snake Roberts to Ted Dibiase
Overall thoughts: This one was alright but definitely skippable. Nothing to see here really.

No comments :

Post a Comment